Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let the Games Conclude....

This summer, Mike, Molly, Carl, and I got together again to play D&D. We hoped Susan could make it, but a prior engagement kept her from attending. We decided to continue with the festival games instead of beginning the drow ass-kicking that a trip to Elfland would facilitate.

During the festival games, we played a triathalon style game, which Rabbo won. We played chess. We played some drinking games, in which Ethan tried to swallow a jug of white lightning, promptly threw up and passed out. We ended the night by playing a game of Noxie's Sphere, in which each character controlled an illusionary monster. In the arena, Molly played a beholder, Mike played an ancient red dragon, I played an iron golem, and Carl played a tarrasque. Molly was disappointed that she got such a small monster. In about five turns, after she turned me to stone, she disintegrated the tarrasque and death rayed the dragon. She won!

The coolest part of the game was when we played chess. We didn't actually play chess; we calculated the percentage of success with each roll against intelligence and wisdom, and scored points based on the degrees of success, which is exactly how you should role play a chess game. It was inventive and fun.

On another note, we discussed playing my current-time apocalypse game in which each of us play characters that are based on us. I have completed the figure Mike's character. Here are a couple of pictures:



2 comments:

Mike said...

KOOL!

The Crystal Keep said...

I'm done with Susan's, which looks Kooler, and I'm almost done with Molly's too. I'll get pictures up when they are ready.

On an aside, while we are playing your game, if you know in advance that you want a figure painted for it, like for Lloth, or Orcus, or the Black Hand, for that matter, get me the figure for it, and I'll paint it if you would like.