Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Remember That Time....
or
Too Much of a Good Thing


From an Email got from Rabbo's Player:

As I was fondly recalling an old game to a student at ___ the other day, I recounted the game on the Isle of Fright during which Rabbo was pretty much responsible for a nuclear detonation. At which point, the student said, "Geez, you probably killed several million people. That's gotta be tons of experience." And I said, "Hey, I think you're right!" Now, to be fair, I probably should have said something about it then, but since I didn't, I think 1 experience point for every dead person/mutant/creature would be fair :D


Responsible? DEFINITELY! For INDIRECTLY killing millions. As I recall the detonation was the result of Rabbo trying to remove Hi-Tech equipment from a futuristic nuclear-powered assault tank. He managed to remove the cooling rods from the reactor and couldn't get them back in so he just dimension walked about three miles away and let it go. You got experience for killing the tank, the army men, getting the medical robot, Adam Kelly, all the guns, ammo, grandees, land mines, air to ground missiles, mortar shells, mortars, and all that other cool stuff that you could fit in your backpacks and later helped vaporized most of the party when the red dragon breathed fire on it. The killing of several million people was just a byproduct of an accident. You may have sunk the 9 ball, but this aint no slop D&D.

Nice try though. :)

The Dungeon Master

No comments: